Friday, February 4, 2011

The time, she sure flys by...

Sorry once again about the complete and utter lack of updates.  FYI, last Monday (Jan 24th) I went in and got my pacemaker/ICD put in, so I've been recovering from that.  Work continues on my other projects (JG Type C, the Technical Manuals for that and the X-boat service hull, etc), and I'm starting to get a respectable stable of ships together so I can start doing some more interesting renders (and maybe some animation!).

Some of the other stuff I've been delving into are a thread on Citizens of the Imperium, starting with just an image and turning it into a 3d model (which you can find here).  Progress has been slow, and now the original artist has posted one of his original sketches for the design on COTI, so I may go back and touch up some things.  But, this current incarnation is ready for texture.  This one will probably get it's own Technical Manual as well.

 Whilst digging through some of my old Truespace stuff I found I found this little gem, based off a ship in 2300AD's Ships of the French Arm.  I ported it over to Max, and think this one will get a full workup and Technical Manual as well.


 I'm also in the midst of working up something to submit for the return of Challenge Magazine; we'll see how that goes.  I'm also going to start submitting a few things to JTAS, in the hopes that I can maybe make a little money (or at least gaming goodies) from my endeavors.   Oh, and I'm going to write up an article about turning a pic into a model and submit that to Freelance Traveller in (hopefully) the next week or two, depending on how things go.

Anyway, things seem to be rolling along quite nicely.  More as things develop later!











1 comment:

Tom said...

Wow, navanod, that is a beautiful model of my design! As far as I can see, its dead-on. Can't wait to see the textures. Oddly enough, the 2300 design you did is one of mine too! Very cool work.
-Tom